Distinguish between natural and human causes
Speaking at the opening of the meeting, Deputy Prime Minister Tran Hong Ha expressed his deep sympathy with the families whose loved ones died due to storms and floods and the difficulties and hardships of the people, military forces, police, local authorities, ministries and branches in their efforts to overcome and overcome the consequences of the recent floods.

Meanwhile, storm No. 15 has formed and its direction is still very unpredictable, and needs to be closely monitored. In the context of "storm on flood, flood on flood", the risk of many types of natural disasters is very high. The Deputy Prime Minister requested ministries, branches and localities to absolutely not be subjective, and to start preparing for response with a sense of responsibility and seriousness. Localities urgently update information, make accurate forecasts and activate all regulations related to vessel management, not allowing operations in dangerous areas.
For areas at risk of landslides, the Deputy Prime Minister requested maintaining the scenario of responding to level 4 natural disaster risks, especially in mountainous areas; continuing to deploy forces to ensure people's safety and re-evaluating flood, flash flood, landslide, and geological disaster maps of 34 provinces and cities. The Ministry of Agriculture and Environment, scientific agencies and hydrometeorological forecasting agencies review, adjust, and complete flood maps, ensuring information is updated to commune and ward levels so that local authorities and people can proactively prevent and avoid. Assess the causes of recent flash floods and landslides, distinguish between natural and human factors, thereby drawing lessons to protect people's lives. Regarding the process of operating hydroelectric reservoirs, it is necessary to review the responsibilities of reservoir owners and inter-reservoir processes, ensuring timely information to downstream areas; have control and regulation measures.
Previously, reporting at the meeting, Mr. Mai Van Khiem, Director of the National Center for Hydro-Meteorological Forecasting, said that international forecast models indicated that the main trend of storm No. 15 would pass through the North of the Hoang Sa archipelago and then change direction to the North, with little possibility of moving into the coastal areas of Gia Lai, Dak Lak , Lam Dong and Khanh Hoa provinces - which suffered heavy damage from the recent floods. After November 29 and 30, the storm tends to weaken rapidly, possibly reducing to a tropical depression, or even returning to a low-lying area.
Irrigation and hydroelectric reservoirs actively release water to regulate water
Learning from the recent historic flood, the South Central and Central Highlands provinces have made plans to respond to storm No. 15 and worked with hydropower and irrigation management and operation units to proactively release water for regulation.

On the afternoon of November 26, Da Nhim - Ham Thuan - Da Mi Hydropower Joint Stock Company (Lam Dong) said that from 3:00 p.m. on the same day, it had reduced the water discharge flow through Don Duong spillway from 72m 3 / sec to 40m 3 / sec. The amount of water discharged was reduced because the amount of water flowing into the lake had decreased significantly in recent days and is currently 95.8m 3 / sec. On the same day, Dong Nai Hydropower Company said that the flood prevention capacity is 25 million m 3 of water; the company proactively calculated and developed plans for operating and regulating water to ensure the safety of the project and reduce flooding downstream.
In Dak Lak, the Dak Lak Provincial Civil Defense Command requested the hydroelectric reservoirs: Song Ba Ha, Krong H'nang, Song Hinh to organize operations to bring the reservoir water level back to flood level before 10:00 a.m. on November 28. When operating flood discharge, it is necessary to comply with regulations on the order of opening and closing the sluice gates, ensuring that no sudden, unusual artificial floods are caused, directly threatening the lives and property of people in the riverside areas and downstream of the reservoir.
Mr. Ta Anh Tuan, Chairman of Dak Lak Provincial People's Committee, has ordered all boats to stop going to sea and stop all fishing activities at sea to respond to storm No. 15. The ban will start from November 26 until storm No. 15 dissipates. The province has prepared a scenario to evacuate nearly 23,000 people if the storm reaches level 9-10, gusting to level 12, of which more than 14,500 people will be evacuated on site and 8,300 people will be evacuated in a concentrated area. In case the water level of Ba, Ky Lo and Ban Thach rivers reaches warning level 2-3, nearly 8,000 households with more than 29,000 people will be evacuated to a safe place.
On November 26, leaders of Tay Nha Trang ward, Hoa Tri, Dong Khanh Son, Khanh Son and Tay Khanh Son communes (Khanh Hoa province) inspected vulnerable locations and directed the implementation of response measures to the developments of storm No. 15. According to Khanh Hoa Irrigation Department, 44 reservoirs in the area are storing more than 621 million m3 of water (more than 80% of capacity). In order to reduce the water level, ensure the safety of the works and welcome the next rain, there are currently 41 reservoirs regulating the water level.
On November 26, in the eastern region of Gia Lai and Quang Ngai provinces, functional forces and local authorities are urgently developing plans and scenarios to respond to storm No. 15.
Source: https://www.sggp.org.vn/canh-bao-nguy-co-thien-tai-kep-post825650.html






Comment (0)