Vietnam.vn - Nền tảng quảng bá Việt Nam

Reports are emerging that the US is preparing to attack Iran.

VTV.vn - The US administration is reportedly preparing for a new military strike against Iran, even as diplomatic negotiations continue.

Đài truyền hình Việt NamĐài truyền hình Việt Nam23/05/2026

(Ảnh: EPA/Shutterstock)

(Photo: EPA/Shutterstock)

According to sources familiar with the plans, as revealed by CBS News, the Trump administration may be preparing for a new round of military action against Iran, even as diplomatic negotiations continue.

However, as of the afternoon of May 22nd, no final decision had been made regarding whether the US would resume attacks on Iran.

Some members of the U.S. military and intelligence community canceled plans for Memorial Day weekend in anticipation of potential attacks on Iran.

U.S. defense and intelligence officials have begun updating recall lists for U.S. facilities abroad. Previously, U.S. troops stationed in the Middle East had been rotated out of the region – part of an effort to reduce the U.S. military presence there amid concerns about a potential Iranian retaliation.

The U.S. and Iran have largely refrained from attacking each other since a temporary ceasefire went into effect in early April, creating time for indirect negotiations on a longer-term agreement.

White House Deputy Press Secretary Anna Kelly said that U.S. President Donald Trump has clearly outlined his "red lines," including that Iran must never be allowed to possess nuclear weapons and that Tehran cannot keep its enriched uranium stockpiles.

Rộ lên thông tin Mỹ chuẩn bị tấn công Iran - Ảnh 1.

US President Donald Trump (Photo: AP)

"President Trump always keeps all options open at all times, and the Pentagon's job is to be prepared to implement any decision the Commander-in-Chief may make," Kelly said. "The President has made it clear what the consequences would be if Iran did not reach an agreement."

Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps warned on May 20 that any further attack on the country from the US or Israel could escalate the conflict beyond the Middle East: "Heavy blows will come in places you can't even imagine."

Tehran is considering the latest US proposal for a possible agreement to end the nearly three-month-long war. The proposal was delivered to Iran on May 20th. The new US proposal comes with a warning that Iran's rejection of this so-called final offer would mean a continuation of military attacks against Iran.

"Iran is very eager to reach an agreement," President Trump said on May 22. "Let's see what happens."

On May 20, President Trump said he was willing to give Iran "a few days" to respond to the latest US offer. The US president added that he and his team were "quite impressed" with the Iranian negotiators, but warned that strong enough guarantees would be needed to prevent conflict from erupting again.

A response is expected to be conveyed soon through Pakistan, which is acting as a mediator between the US and Iran.


Source: https://vtv.vn/ro-len-thong-tin-my-chuan-bi-tan-cong-iran-100260523134729752.htm


Comment (0)

Please leave a comment to share your feelings!

Same category

Same author

Heritage

Figure

Enterprise

News

Political System

Destination

Product

Happy Vietnam
The sun of truth shines through the heart.

The sun of truth shines through the heart.

Harvest season scenery

Harvest season scenery

Vietnam!

Vietnam!