
In Yen Binh commune, one of the areas severely damaged by typhoons No. 10 and No. 11 in late September and early October 2025, according to a review and statistics compiled by the Vietnam Fatherland Front Committee of the commune, there are 10 households affected by the typhoons that have received support for building and repairing their houses.
Mr. Hoang Van Ban, Chairman of the Vietnam Fatherland Front Committee of Yen Binh commune, said: Of the 10 households, 6 received support for new construction and 4 received support for house repairs under the program to eliminate temporary and dilapidated houses in the 2025-2026 period. Besides the financial support, the Fatherland Front advised the Party Committee and coordinated with the government, departments, and mass organizations of the commune to mobilize forces, propagate, and encourage members, association members, and people from all walks of life to contribute labor to ensure the projects are completed soon. By January 19, 2026, 2 out of 10 houses affected by natural disasters had been completed; some are in the process of completing land-related paperwork, and some are under construction.
In Cao Loc commune, out of the 3 households receiving support to replace temporary or dilapidated houses this time, one household affected by natural disasters received support to build a new house, with a support amount of 60 million VND. Construction of this house began on January 6, 2025, and is now basically complete. During the construction process, the commune mobilized forces to assist in dismantling the house and transporting construction materials. Ms. Vi Thi Bao, from Na Sla village, Cao Loc commune – the owner of the house – shared: “Currently, I live alone. My family’s old earthen house was dilapidated, the roof often leaked when it rained, the walls were cracked, and it was very unsafe, especially after typhoon No. 11 in October 2025, which made the house even more dilapidated. I was very worried.” Thanks to the support from the program to eliminate temporary and dilapidated houses, plus matching funds from my family, I now have a spacious and sturdy new house. Especially right before the Lunar New Year of the Year of the Horse, I am very happy and grateful.
Along with the aforementioned areas, the program to support the elimination of temporary and dilapidated houses is being actively implemented by all levels, sectors, and communes and wards in the province. According to the Provincial People's Committee's decisions approving the consolidated results of the need to eliminate temporary and dilapidated houses (issued in December 2025), 1,340 households in the province will receive support for house construction and repair in the 2025-2026 period, in 63 out of 65 communes and wards (2 units, Luong Van Tri ward and Huu Lung commune, did not have any households needing support). The projects are striving to be completed by two deadlines: before February 10, 2026 (the 23rd day of the 12th lunar month) and before March 15, 2026 (the election day for the 16th National Assembly and People's Councils at all levels for the 2026-2031 term), at the latest by April 30, 2026. The approved beneficiaries include: war veterans, poor and near-poor households, households affected by natural disasters and climate change, and other eligible groups. Of these, 521 households were affected by natural disasters and climate change (330 new houses built, 191 houses repaired), with a support level of 60 million VND per new house and 30 million VND per repaired house.
Mr. Pham Duc Huan, Director of the Department of Ethnic Minorities and Religions – the Standing Agency of the Steering Committee for the implementation of eliminating temporary and dilapidated houses and developing social housing in the province, said: In the past, the department has advised the Steering Committee to direct relevant departments, agencies, and communes and wards to closely coordinate in reviewing and agreeing on the number of beneficiaries, ensuring transparency, openness, and compliance with regulations, including those affected by natural disasters and climate change. The department also regularly updates and urges communes and wards to report on the implementation situation; develops plans to inspect and monitor implementation at the grassroots level, thereby identifying difficulties and obstacles to report to the Steering Committee for timely resolution.
Along with the provincial level, communes and wards also flexibly implemented various solutions such as: mobilizing commune officials, civil servants, union members, association members, officers and soldiers of supporting forces to provide labor for transporting construction materials; regularly inspecting and monitoring implementation…
According to our findings, to date, 36 out of 63 communes and wards have started construction or repair work on 100% of the approved houses; the remaining 27 communes have started construction on over 60% of the approved houses. Overall, the number of houses that have started repair or construction under the program is 817, reaching nearly 61%, of which 223 houses have been completed, including those supported due to the impact of natural disasters and climate change.
In the coming period, all levels, sectors, and localities in the province will continue to accelerate the implementation of the program to eliminate temporary and dilapidated houses for eligible individuals; especially helping families to have safe homes after natural disasters, stabilizing their lives, and especially those houses completed before the Lunar New Year will be a meaningful spring gift, helping people celebrate the New Year more warmly and fully.
Source: https://baolangson.vn/mai-am-sau-thien-tai-5073639.html







Comment (0)