Cambodian Senate President Hun Sen said on February 11 that security forces had thwarted a drone attack plot targeting his residence in Takhmao city, Kandal province.
"I just want to confirm that in the past few weeks, a drone attack on my house has been planned," Hun Sen said at the inauguration of a school building in Kandal province, southern Cambodia, his speech broadcast live by TVK, according to Xinhua.
Cambodian Senate President Hun Sen speaks at the inauguration ceremony of a school building in Kandal province on February 11.
Photo: Screenshot from Fresh News
Hun Sen, who is also the chairman of the ruling Cambodian People's Party (CPP), said that one of the masterminds had been arrested in Takeo province, also in southern Cambodia.
Hun Sen also stated that security forces thwarted the drone attack after he received a secret voicemail about the plot.
"Be vigilant, the plan to attack my residence in Takhmao with drones is real. Those involved must remember this and leave Takeo. Supporting such an attack threatens national security," Hun Sen said, according to the Fresh News portal.
"This is an act of terrorism, and I want to urge foreigners to be cautious and refrain from supporting terrorist activities. Foreigners should not interfere in Cambodia's internal affairs," Hun Sen emphasized, without elaborating.
Hun Sen (73 years old) became president of the Cambodian Senate in April 2024 after resigning as prime minister in August 2023, handing over power to his eldest son, Hun Manet, according to Xinhua.
Source: https://thanhnien.vn/campuchia-pha-am-muu-tan-cong-vao-dinh-thu-cua-ong-hun-sen-185250211162503852.htm






Comment (0)